You read that correctly. Dota 2 7.00 has been released. 7.00…I’m still in shock. I’ve always known Dota 2 as 6.x, for at least 10 years now. The new patch is worthy of the name because it has lots of goodies.
- A new hero called Monkey King.
- Changes to the pre-game mechanics, such as, character choice.
- Map changes.
- Everyone gets a backpack now! I have been patiently waiting for this. I love it!
- Characters have talent trees.
- HUD changes.
The optimized HUD gives players more visibility.
- The community can create their own bots using the new API.
- Remodeled characters: Slardar, Viper, and Enigma.
- The game environment were, such as, some maps have trees that sway in the wind.
There is more to the massive 6GB, which is live now. Download it and try out the changes. Dota 2 is one of those games I secretly long to play. The changes in this patch have absolutely inspired me to log in and learn the game. It’s the perfect time since everyone is re-learning!