BTS kicked off their “Love Yourself: Speak Yourself” world tour last weekend. They had two shows at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Los Angeles on May 4 and 5.
Both shows lasted for about 3 hours where the South Korean boy band performed 24 songs (including seven individual stages and an encore), 5 VCR segments and 3 Ment segments where the boys talk to fans on stage. They performed songs from their latest album Map of the Soul: Persona as well as tracks from past albums like Wings and the HYYH series. There were fireworks, an inflatable bounce house, holograms. Despite all the visuals and props, the boys stage presence was front and center and you could really feel the energy they brought to each stage.
The “Speak Yourself” tour will continue through July, visitin Brazil, France, The UK and Japan. I’m very curious to see how BTS’ concerts will evolve as the tour progresses.
Remaining tour dates for Love Yourself: Speak Yourself:
- May 11 – 12: Chicago, Illinois (Soldier Field)
- May 18 – 19: East Rutherford , New Jersey (MetLife Stadium)
- May 25 – 26: Sao Paulo, Brazil (Allianz Parque)
- June 1 – 2: London, England (Wembley Stadium)
- June 7 – 8: Paris, France (Stade de France)
- July 6 – 7: Osaka, Japan (Yanmar Stadium Nagai)
- July 13 – 14: Shizuoka, Japan (Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa)