BTS’ new album is set to drop this February, and a lot of content is being released in the meantime. It can be a little overwhelming trying to keep up with everything, but don’t worry because I got you with this guide.
All the important info regarding the album, singles, concept photos, etc. will be shared right here. And this page will be updated over the next month as more content is released. Now let’s get started.
The album: Map of the Soul: 7 will be released on February 21 via Big Hit Entertainment. It’s the second installment of the group’s Map of the Soul album series, and their first major release since their EP Map of the Soul: Persona came out last April.
Singles: The first single, titled “Black Swan”, was released on January 17. An art film for the song with a performance by MN Dance Company was released on the same day.
The official title track for MOTS:7 is “On”, which will have a BTS-only version and a version featuring singer-songwriter Sia. The Sia version of “On” will be only be available on digital copies of Map of the Soul: 7 and not the physical CDs. An official music video for “On” will be released a week after the album drops, on February 28.
‘ON’ Kinetic Manifesto Film : Come Prima
Stream the album
Click here for “Map of the Soul” 2020 Tour Dates
- Intro: Persona (performed by RM)
- 작은 것들을 위한 시 (Boy With Luv) (Feat. Halsey)
- Make It Right
- Jamais Vu (performed by J-Hope, Jung Kook and Jin)
- Interlude: Shadow (performed by Suga)
- Black Swan
- Filter (performed by Jimin)
- 시차 (My Time) (performed by Jung Kook)
- Louder than bombs (co-written by Troye Sivan)
- ON* (title track)
- 욱 (UGH!) (performed by RM, J-Hope & Suga)
- 00:00 (Zero O’Clock) (performed by Jin, V, Jimin & Jung Kook)
- Inner Child (performed by V)
- 친구 (Friends) (performed by V & Jimin)
- Moon (performed by Jin)
- Respect (performed by RM & Suga)
- We are Bulletproof: the Eternal
- Outro: Ego (performed by J-Hope)
- ON (Feat. Sia) (only available on digital versions of MOTS: 7)
“Black Swan” Art Film by MN Dance Company
The promotional campaign for Map of the Soul: 7 has been split into four different phases. All times are in KST and are based on previous comebacks, and are updated when necessary.
- Jan 10 – Comeback trailer, Interlude: SHADOW (released 12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
- Jan 14 – CONNECT, BTS: Online (website went live @ 6pm KST)
- Jan 14 – CONNECT, BTS: London (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
- Jan 15 – CONNECT, BTS: Berlin (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
- Jan 17 – 1st single release & art film performed by MN Dance Company (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
- Jan 21 – CONNECT, BTS: Buenos Aires (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
- Jan 28 – CONNECT, BTS: Seoul (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
- Feb 03 – Comeback trailer: EGO (12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
- Feb 05 – CONNECT, BTS: New York (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
- Feb 10 – Concept photo #1 (12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
- Feb 11 – Concept photo #2 (12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
- Feb 12 – Concept photo #3 (12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
- Feb 13 – Concept photo #4 (12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
- Feb 17 – Tracklist (12am KST/10am ET/7am PT)
Feb 21 – Album release & Kinetic Manifesto Film: Come Prima performed by BTS for the lead single
Feb 28 – Official music video for the lead single drops (6pm KST/4am ET/1am PT)
Version 1 (view the rest of photos for Ver. 1 here)
Version 2 (view the rest of the photos for Ver. 2 here).
Version 3 (view the rest of the photos for Ver. 3 here).
Version 4 (view the rest of the photos for Ver. 4 here.
CONNECT, BTS is a global project where the group puts a spotlight on artists who share similar ideas and values as them:
CONNECT, BTS is a global project to connect five cities and twenty-two artists, each of whom contributes their unique philosophy and imagination to it. This project aims to redefine the relationships between art and music, the material and immaterial, artists and their audiences, artists and artists, theory and practice. CONNECT, BTS may be described in terms of a collective curatorial practice by curators around the world who resonated with BTS’ philosophy.Description from the official website of CONNECT, BTS.
The exhibitions associated with CONNECT, BTS are:
- London: CATHARSIS by Jakob Kudsk Steensen (from Denmark), at the Serpentine Galleries, London, UK from Jan. 14, 2020 to March 6, 2020. You can view his exhibition online at https://catharsis.live/
- Berlin: Rituals of Care — a performance series curated by Stephanie Rosenthal (from Germany) and Noémie Solomon, at the Gropius Bau, Berlin, DE from Jan. 15, 2020 to Feb.2, 2020.
- Buenos Aires: Fly with Aerocene Pacha by Tomás Saraceno — Aerocene Pacha have created a solar-powered, fuel-free, hot-air balloon. View the livestream of the incredible flight here.
- Seoul: Green Yellow and Pink by Ann Veronica Janssens, and Beyond the Scene by Yiyun Kang at Dongdaemun Design Plaza, Seoul, South Korea from Jan. 28 to Mar. 20, 2020.