A long overdue family tree update.
I've been working with DNA matches more than adding people to the family tree. I'm starting to notice patterns within family lines!
The theme of this update: nothing matches. I'm making process but there is a lot of inaccurate information out there.
Progress update on the family tree. I made progress! It feels good when I can properly place newly found relatives on the family tree.
Ancestry updated the algorithm behind their AncestryDNA test that calculates the ethnicity estimate. From comments I see many lost their Italian ethnicity estimate. For me? Hahahaha!!!
My progress on the family tree. I have more DNA to work with. Yay!!
I found out for sure, I am part Chinese. Paper is matching science. I also found out my ancestors were Chinese Jamaicans. And...I found out some of my ancestors were born into slavery but set free. This has been an emotional week for me.
Sometimes it is hard to visualize how many grandparents we have. This image shows how many. This does not include cousins!
My family tree has over 3000 people in it now. Slowly, I am making progress. Interesting: my maternal and paternal lines seem to share ancestors.
I received a DNA match from South Africa. Their family has been living there a long time. Hopefully, I will be able to figure out some of the brick walls (which are women) that I have in my tree.