To write, publish, and be read is a privilege and responsibility. Being mindful of that privilege and responsibility:
- I will not barter my words or my silence.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will write and advocate openly and honestly.
- I will strive for accuracy in detailing the facts of my posts, avoiding errors and correcting them when discovered.
- I will strive for balance; even in advocacy, I will not distort or suppress obviously relevant facts to bolster my argument.
- I will welcome and invite rebuttal.
- I will disclose my sources fully usually through links in my posts.
- I will keep things told to me in confidence private (this includes NDAs).
- I will reveal material conflicts-of-interest.
- I will reply to emails and comments to the best of my ability. I receive my fair share of email so if I do not respond, promptly please be patient. I read everything.
Originally written by Allen Jenkins. Tweaked by Tyme December 19, 2004. Updated November 30, 2015