Okay ARMYs, listen up!
Big Hit Entertainment announced a couple of days ago that BTS are currently on an extended break so they can “enjoy the ordinary lives of young people in their 20s, albeit briefly”.
In that same statement Big Hit mentioned that “should you have a chance encounter with a member of BTS while they are on vacation, we ask that you show consideration for their need to rest and enjoy their private time off.”
What that means is, if you just so happen to spot a BTS member out and about during their extended break, please refrain from doing the following:
- Follow them around like a shadow — whether it’s on foot, in a car, on plane, etc.
- Take pictures or record video of them.
- Follow them into the bathroom (please just don’t)
- Scream in the faces
- Ask them invasive questions regarding their personal lives (and yes questions involving ships count).
- Make any comments regarding their weight. It doesn’t matter what your intentions are or how encouraging you’re trying to be. BTS are human, and as humans, our weight fluctuates. It’s not worth commenting on.
So if you do see BTS, just ignore them. Pretend that they’re regular guys in their 20s, and leave them be. Give BTS the privacy and respect you would expect if you were in their shoes.
Thank you for reading this public service announcement.